Jeff has been active in Carmel as a resident, business owner and community volunteer since 1988. He is married to Shari Worrell and they have 2 children who attended Carmel Schools, Indiana University and now reside in Chicago, IL. Jeff is a graduate of Iowa State University and spent much of his time there working in the Sports Medicine Department as an Athletic Trainer. The Worrell Family has been a member of Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic Church since moving to Carmel.
Together, Shari and Jeff started Advantage Medical in 1994. Jeff credits the business knowledge he gained running a growing medical equipment company as an important training ground to help him develop the necessary skills to be a City Councilor. In 2011, Jeff sold Advantage Medical to private equity and currently serves as Shareholder and VP of the Rehabilitation Division for Scrip Companies of Bolingbrook, IL. He served as President of the Carmel Chamber of Commerce for two non-consecutive terms.
Jeff’s volunteer service started with CarmelFest in 1991 and continues today, watching the event grow into the largest festival in Hamilton County. He also has contributed to the following organizations:
– St. Vincent Carmel Hospital Board of Directors
– Carmel Chamber of Commerce Board of Directors
– Carmel Redevelopment Commission
– Carmel Clay Parks Board of Directors
– Weekly Columnist Current In Carmel
– Carmel Rotary Board of Directors
– Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Parish Council
– Lynwood at Plum Creek HOA Board
– Founder, Good Day Carmel
– Co-Host Carmel Channel 16 News Magazine Show Connecting With Carmel